Demandware recently held it’s fourth annual xChange conference in Miami, a gathering of over 900 clients, partners and Demandware experts to talk all things eCommerce and online.
My highlights of the conference included:
- New York Times best-selling author Malcom Gladwell (author of The Tipping Point, Outliers and David and Goliath) recounting stories of overcoming obstacles to reshape the way we think about the world around us.
- The omnichannel keynote from Andy Laudato of Peir 1 Imports around their integration of instore and online, nicely summarised by eConsultancy.
Michael Hill was shortlisted for the inaugural Demandware Pacesetter Award (recognising organisations that have driven innovation and business results) and I was invited to present a summary of our online success since relaunching our eCommerce platform and websites.
The Pacesetter Award finalists were:
- Crocs - a leading footwear lifestyle brand for men, women and children, recognised for integrating compelling digital experiences into its stores and the development of innovative online holiday promotions.
- Scotch & Soda - a Netherlands based fashion retailer who rapidly implemented 13 eCommerce sites around the globe in 14 weeks. These sites support 73 countries, six languages and six currencies.
- Michael Hill - a speciality jewellery retailer with over 290 stores in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States, recognised for creating a superb online customer experience that compliments the in-store experience, including shoppable video, personalisation, social integration, rich content and more.
We were fortunate to be awarded the 2014 Pacesetter Award. Two key innovations were seen as standouts in contributing to Michael Hill’s success:
- Build your own charm bracelet online - Michael Hill wanted to replicate the unique in-store experience of building a custom charm bracelet online. We built a custom user interface that allows customers to select all of the components of their charm bracelet, drag and drop them into place and see the finished product before completing their order.
- Shoppable videos: To create a better consumer experience, Michael Hill uses video to showcase their brand and products online. Customers are able to experience immersive video, click on related product information and purchase, all from within the video.
You can see my full presentation below: